Since 1999, Eagala has set the global standard for equine-assisted psychotherapy and personal development. Boasting over 500 regional programs, and with more than 2,500 certified members in over 40 countries, it is the leading international nonprofit association for professionals incorporating horses to address mental health and personal development needs. For more information, visit eagala.org.
Who Is Eagala?
• Eagala (Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association) is the leading international nonprofit association for professionals incorporating horses to address mental health and personal development needs.
• Eagala’s growing global network of certified professionals is committed to collaboration and dedicated to the vision of every person around the world having access to life-changing Eagala Model services.
• The Eagala Model is a distinctive experiential framework designed to allow clients the latitude to discover, learn, and grow from the horse- human relationship.
• Eagala is ground-focused and solution-oriented, creating a safe environment for both horses and clients to be themselves.
• Eagala has a training and certification program which requires ongoing, continuing education to renew certification every two years to support quality, professionalism and high standards of practice. It is the only association in the industry with a code of ethics AND a process to uphold those ethics assuring the highest standard of care.
• Eagala is an approved CEU provider with several organizations (including American Psychological Association).
What We Do
The Eagala Model is a distinctive experiential framework designed to allow clients the latitude to discover, learn, and grow from the horse-human relationship.
Eagala provides mental health professionals and certified equine specialists with standardized methods, a code of ethics, continuing education opportunities, a replicable framework, a team approach, and a global professional network. Under the Eagala Model, both a licensed, credentialed mental health professional and a certified equine specialist work together collaboratively at all times to make sure clients get the therapeutic attention and support they need.
Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy (Eagala Model)
Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy, Learning, Coaching, and more. This is Eagala. Our main focus is mental health and personal development— including organizational development. Whether the service is called equine-assisted psychotherapy, counseling, coaching, or other personal development services, the Eagala Model is the foundation and focus of who we are and what we teach.
Other Equine-Assisted Practices
Therapeutic (Adaptive) Riding: A mounted therapy in which disabled individuals learn to ride horses so they can relax and develop muscle tone, coordination, confidence, and well-being.
Hippotherapy: A physical, occupational, and speech therapy treatment strategy that utilizes equine movement.
Therapeutic Horsemanship: A program for students to learn horsemanship skills, such as riding and caring for horses.
Eagala is not Therapeutic Riding, Hippotherapy, or Therapeutic Horsemanship.